Fluke Networks along with their Authorized Distributor, Netcom Technologies (Pvt.) Ltd had organized a day long CCTT Training Program (Certified Cable Test Technician) at The Hotel Lakeshore on 7th March 2016.
The training program was attended by key network engineers and technicians from leading Datacom System Integrators in Dhaka along with Enterprise Solutions Engineers from Netcom Technologies (Pvt.) Ltd itself. A total of 16 engineers attended the CCTT program.
The program covered
Copper Cabling Certification:
- Review of the current TIA standards for “in-channel” certification of Category 5e up through the recently approved Category 6A.
- Extensive hands-on with factory supplied DTX Cable Analyzers is provided for in-channel testing and troubleshooting of UTP copper systems.
- New exercises to analyze real world test results and learn how to troubleshoot real cabling installation problems.
- Demonstration of Alien Crosstalk testing with the
- DTX-10Gig Alien Crosstalk modules.
Optical Fiber Cabling Certification:
- Overview of fiber optic basics and current testing standards from both the TIA and IEEE committees.
- Basic optical loss/length testing and introduction to OTDRs.
- Hands-on exercises with equipment provided by the factory to perform basic loss/length testing
- Date Center Fiber Testing – Tricks & Techniques
The objective of having this first of its kind training program in Bangladesh, was to create awareness among the different Datacom System Integrators of the requirement for proper testing methodologies and best practices so that infrastructures here in Bangladesh, can be Verified, Qualified and Certified to comply to the Tia / EIA Standards.